Monday, June 20, 2016

My Daughter



I find myself wishing the time to go faster.  To get to a point where we are home and you are older, no longer needing a feeding tube, no longer being without me at night, no longer fighting.  I feel guilty for wishing your first months would hurry up.  I hope one day you'll forgive me for that.  I know I won't have as many memories of your beginning as I do your brothers.  Your baby book may be a bit lacking in your first months. I hope you'll understand.  I was a little busy.  I was by your side watching you fight for your life.  I was by your side, sick with worry as you fought your way back from ECMO and surgery.  I was there as you grew and gave a middle finger to the doctors predictions and did better than anyone could have predicted.  I was there, where I hope you never have to be.  With you, watching you, hurting for you, with you.  So forgive me for wishing these times would pass more quickly.  But I do.  Because I love you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment