Monday, July 18, 2016

The Good Life


It's Monday morning.  Jon has left for work and I've already been up to feed Lydia.  She is now laying next to me in bed, sleeping again.  Everyone else in the house is asleep.  A storm is rolling in and while the thunder crashes and the rain begins to fall in heavy swollen drops, I lay here and just listen to nature speak.  Josh is here this week and we have a full week of therapies, library hours, pool time, and chores ahead of us.  For now though, I will lie here quietly and let naive sing its summer storm song to me.  Life is too short to miss these moments and I'm so blessed to be able to enjoy them.  Staying home is not the easy choice for me.  Money is extraordinarily tight and to be honest, being a stay at home mom is both harder and more amazing than I thought it would be.  For every moment like this, there is an offsetting moment where josh is having a teenager moment, Linus is begging for attention, Lydia needs fed, and I have to get dinner ready and the living room cleaned.  I wouldn't change it though.  For all the hardships we are facing, I have my family by my side to overcome them. And that is what I call the good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment